Text Banking is a free* service that lets you interact with and manage your accounts using text messages on your mobile phone.
Access your account from any phone with Text Banking. Text banking will allow you to get balance information and transfer funds within your account using text message commands. This service does not require an app and works on all phones.It offers a quick and easy way to perform common banking functions without having to log in to Home Banking.
Text Banking Features and Instructions
Step 1: Enroll
- Login to Home Banking
- Go to Preferences and click Mobile and choose the Text Banking tab
- Click Yes, enable my accounts for use on my text device
- Enter the phone number you would like to use to receive/send text messages
- Agree to Terms
- Click Submit
Step 2: Enable Accounts
After you have completed the enrollment steps, click OK and follow these steps:
- You’ll be redirected to the Text Banking tab in the Account Preferences screen.
- MUST enter display name for each account you wish to access via Text Banking - 4 characters max. Example: CHKR, SAVB (CHK for Checking Account, R for Robert; SAV for Savings Account, H for Holly, etc. (It is important you remember the display names you enter; you will only be able to perform transfers using these names. You will not be able to type in your account number and account type within text banking.)
- Check the box next to the accounts that you wish to Enable.
- Click Submit
Step 3: Perform Transactions
- To perform transactions, just submit a Text Command to 226563 (which is BANKME)
|BAL||BAL||Returns account balances for all enabled accounts|
|BAL <space> <nickname>||BAL CKG||Returns account balance for the CKG nicknamed account|
|HIST <space> <nickname>||HIST SAV||Returns most recent 10 transactions on the SAV nicknamed account|
<from nickname> <space>
<to nickname> <space>
|XFER CKG SAV 1.23||Transfers $1.23 from CKG nicknamed account to SAV nicknamed account|
|HELP||HELP||Returns info on where to get text banking support|
|LIST||LIST||Returns a list of available commands (those listed here), with brief descriptions on how to use them.|
A Few Notes
If you receive an error message when you send a text to text banking, you may have missed a step. The most common reason for an error message is not checking the “Enable” boxes next to each account in Step 2.
You must enter spaces between commands, nicknames, and amounts (as in the examples) above. Without these, the system will return an error.
You must use the nicknames you entered within your online banking settings (not the account type itself, like S5). The only exception is if you actually nicknamed your account "S5.
- Nicknames and commands are NOT case-sensitive (you can use capital and/or lowercase letters in whatever combination you want)
- Your mobile number may only be used for one Cyprus Credit Union member number.
* Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier.